“Pinterest didn’t work for me”.
That is one of the most common things Etsy sellers tell me about Pinterest promotion. They tried it and it didn’t help their Etsy shops, not one bit.
Which is a shame because mastering Pinterest promotion is almost essential for any seller (especially with Etsy being so competitive these days…)
I wanted to cut the confusion and help you get clear on exactly what you need to do to make Pinterest an awesome, traffic generating machine for your Etsy biz.
(In fact I have a whole Pinterest course especially for Etsy sellers, details here.)
Pinterest Tips For Etsy Sellers: My 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions Answered
This week I held a live Pinterest Q&A answering the most common Pinterest questions that Etsy sellers ask me. I had great feedback from the class.
So good in fact, that I’ve decided to post the video here in the hope that you will find it useful too.
Click play to watch the video
Here’s the list of Pinterest questions that I answered in the video AND what the time each topic starts just in case you want to skip ahead…
1. How Do I Know Pinterest Will Work For Me? (00.52)
2. Can I Just Use My Existing Account Or Should I Make A New One? (01:55)
3. Do I Need A Business Account? (05:00)
4. How Many Boards Should I Have? (07:45)
5. What Can I Use To Create Images? (10:44)
6. What Size Images Do I Need? (12:45)
7. Can I Use The Same Image For Facebook & Instagram? (14:48)
8. I Pinned All Of My Etsy Listings…Now What? (16:50)
9. How Do I Get People To Buy My Stuff From Pinterest? (25:20)
10. I Tried Pinterest And It Didn’t Work. How Do I Get It To Work For Me? (26:55)
I hope that has helped clear up any Pinterest confusion you were feeling! Now you can get on with the fun part…sending visitors to your Etsy shop.